Your wedding at Christ Church, Hengrove
Congratulations on your engagement! We're excited that you are considering getting married at Christ Church, Hengrove.
There is nothing quite as special as a church wedding. By choosing to get married in church you are:
- involving the God who made you;
- making very special promises to your spouse in front of your family, friends and God;
- rejoicing in marriage as a wonderful gift from God;
- recognising we need God’s help to keep our marriage promises.
At Christ Church we don’t just want to help you have a brilliant wedding but also prepare you for a life time together.
So, as part of helping you with your wedding we provide:
- help in personalising the service with entrance and exit music, hymns and songs (if you want them), and Bible readings;
- help in finding organist or someone to play CD’s (if you need them);
- marriage (not just wedding) preparation.
- a commitment to pray for you when your Banns are read and in the build up to the big day.
First, if you are a regular member of the congregation, before anything else, speak to the Vicar.
Or come to enquiries evening – 1st Thursday each month: 7 – 7.45pm in Church.
Second, and this is very important, if you are wanting to get married at Christ Church please do not confirm any bookings (e.g. with reception venue) until we have confirmed a date with you.
When you come to the enquiries evening, you will need to bring:
- your fiancé / fiancée
Each of you will need to bring:
- a passport or birth certificate
- proof of your address (e.g. recent utility bill)
We would love to talk about helping you prepare for this next stage of life together.